INTERESTING BUS DISCUSSION

Lolzzz.... I know you'll be surprise as I'm starting my write up with a Lots of Laughter. Yea! It's not far fetched from the wonderful experience I had in the bus on my way out today. You may want to ask how.
Well I boarded a bus going to Ikeja. Right in the bus sitting in front of me and beside me were 3 people, who are family related. Now it began with the smooth ride. This three started their chats (an old woman, a married woman who I suppose would be her daughter and a young man who are I guess should be the son). From their intonation, I noticed they are not from Nigeria, or they are Nigerian but those in diaspora.
Lo and behold their conversation attracted the entire passengers in the bus. Why? The young woman was gisting the people sitted close to her about the white man's culture where she's living with her three kids (as she claimed). She mentioned how a white man treats pets (animals as we call it here in Nigeria).. She went further to say that, a white man who is going out with his pet (dog in particular) would pay for the sit of the dog likewise as for human beings. And that a white man can kiss his dog without being harassed... And that was where some persons in the bus cut in... Trust Nigerians na... #winks they don't slack to being a chief judge! I don't talk usually in the bus but the topic wasn't something I could have not contributed my quota.
Here are the points.... Nigerians think the whites are foolish with such an acts, kissing their pets, homosexuality and sort of, and this lady also made the passengers understand that over there they see Nigerians (blacks) as a total fool, that they have it that monkeys are far better than us.
Obe of the question raised was, the white introduced the western culture to us, religion the basic,are we now to say we are better than them in terms of religion, remember they introduced that same religion to us.
One thing I just concord with is the fact wherever you are as a man, we shouldn't be too quick to judge ourselves, we need to respect other people's culture.
There was a particular question I asked them in the bus.... WHAT IF THE WHITE NEVER INTRODUCED THE WESTERN RELIGION TO US? What would be our fate by now? Of course we would still be holding on to our primitive religion. And most definitely, we would hold on to our religion and culture to be the best because it's what we are doing, and we only sees our way as the only most acceptable way.
That was one of the things I learnt where I served, we were meant to understand that culture is dynamic and universal. Wherever you are you must respect their culture irrespective of where you're coming from. If you can't join, then don't be quick to condemn. Some Nigerians are so funny that any little argument they bring in religion... Lol....
Yes I love my culture... Yet I can't condemn nor judge another man's culture... Culture of now is a choice. And note; culture is totally different from Traditions and Religion... We need to understand that.

Comments

Popular Posts