Poetry: HIGH I EYE


  | High I eye even when the world try to make me blind,
Strong I stayed though they tried to poison my mind... 

A strike of log was all I felt on  the back of my head, 
Specks of thorns spread like roses right on my bed. . . 

I looked up to the sky, but the ray of the sun spoilt my sight. 
I had to give another try,  but this time I went down with my eyes all plain and white! 

I stayed put because, High I Eye... 
I know I would, true fact, no lie! 

All rules I break, 
Possible routes I make,
Not my fault, as High I Eye!

They sing of my name and chant of my fame to attract me,
And when they decide to scold and boo me to distract me,
I loose not who I am, 'cause, High I Eye!


A glittering fragments of eviscerating glass, 
A pleb with just one garment worthy of no class, 
Oh yet, I look not straight, High I Eye! 

My strength seekin' to cut the tattern of my cryin' faith, 
My weakness mooting to the gongs of my fainting state... 

Though the metal bent my neck,
My health declining without a check, 
Yet, High I Eye! 

I flounder in pains, 
and the thunder struck me right in the middle of the rain. 
That rain drops seems so heavy, 
Yet High I Eye!

As though my knees shrieked and bent,
Shattered toes that hurts with sore
Sore and saw under my feet that made me crept,
I may never stand tall yet, High I Eye!


My voice is muted as where my tongue was twisted,
I'll not remain dumb but I'll keep to my silence instead
No need to make my stand nor my point 'cause,  High I Eye! 

High I Eye, 
The fly was my try, 
Even though the pace seems slow, 
Never ask me why, 
at least I'm still headin' for that place called the sky!!!





WRITER: ADESHILE  Adekolajo Theophilus 
Copyright © 2015



Related to this Poem

Stand strong
Believe in yourself
My heart's Determination

Comments

Popular Posts