THE THREE THIEVES





As I walk down the road
My haughtiness like a king greeted by the standing trees clapping their hands to the rhythm of the birds as they sing. 

My haughtiness like a king


Right in the middle of the road,
there I saw a man lay on the floor,
His legs were folded as his hands lay lifelessly on  the ground with his face communing with mother-earth.
I was scared at first as my thoughts went thus... 

"... Could he be a beast, 
Or a devil in prada?
Is he looking for a man on him he'll feast"

as my thoughts rigorously ponder!
I quiet my steps and moved my hands in opposite direction in defence. 

"... Man shall die once!"

as on the temple of courage my inner man fell!
I reached for his hands,
and into the breezy air he stuck'd his head.
Alack! He's neither a devil nor his cohort,
neither is he a beast,
But a lifeless man who has been hurt! 

         I quiet my steps and moved my hands in opposite                           direction in defence. 


His eyes were pale, as I could only think that his tear duct must be connected to the ocean,
as tears flows down his pale eyes with a muddled passion!

"...Man, what ill has befallen thee?"

I asked in amazement.

I looked into his eyes, and I saw a man who seems to have lost the world.
as his face looked drown,
his eyes munched with tears has turned brown.
He could speak nought but sigh,
I held my breath and asked him why...
Yes! He finally moved his lips
And he responded with pity...

"I've just been robbed!"

Fury fed on my heart, 
anger is nothing compared to what I feel,
as my voice trembles in rage!

Fury fed on my heart 

"... Who could have done this to you, man? 
Who in heavens asked without conscience stolen the little you had?!... 

My anger could be felt in the sniff of the air,
Wish I came by when he was here!

"show me the man, speak of that man who has done this forbidden abominable act, 
and I'll bring thee his head, 
Which shall lay upon thy tray". 

With a shallow and shadowed voice he retorted...

"pride, anger, and greed!"

I stood in awe, on my feet in bravery,
deep my hands into my arsenal to draw out my bow and arrow to hunt down this gods forsaken thieves!


"pride, anger, and greed"


"... I shall be back, man!"

i voiced in fury!

"... Wait!"

he shouted.

"oh no man!
need no worries,
my hunts for them plates no cowries,
I'll hunt for them for thee this I promise,
Let me head onward before the black sheet over spread the skies!"


... deep my hands to my arsenal to draw my out my bow and arrow. .. 

I responded.

"do not bother thyself to hunt for them, as they are long gone!
They came like the twinkling of the star,
They've disappeared into the thin air before I knew who  they are!"

He reported.

I was still filled with rage
and my hands still shivers as on their blood my spear and arrow want to feed.

If only he could let me go
and bring back for him what they stole,
but he felt there was no need!
I reached for my sack which I tied to my waist at the bottom part of my back!

I said, "... Man, I'm just a traveler, so I have no much on me, please take from me this token as contribution to what the bloody thieves has stolen from thee"

He stretched forth his hands and collected the sack.
As he opened up the sack, he shook his head and said,

"twelve pieces of silver, thirteen pieces of diamonds, hundreds of cowries"

He paused and continued,

"... But it's no compare to what they have stolen from me!" he retorted!

In amazement I asked,
"man, what could be that great, exorbitant and priceless in what they stole from thee?

He responded, "it is priceless which can never be bought".

I gave a deep sigh that erupted from my pot of thought.
And I said...

"man, speak, and I shall add more for thee!"

In pity he responded,

"my worth, my value and my peace!".





Lesson:

Those are the thieves that rob us of not only our peace, worth and value. An average man is a victim of these men, sometimes we even fail to realise this in our daily lives, because we careless of what has been stolen from us, we realise this most times in our later lives,
Pride, steals from us, I'm all in all... No me no them.... Humility is key, as pride goes before a fall, and that fall is worth...
Anger steals nothing but our inner peace, we tend to get angered in all. It comes most times to steal away our joy.
Greed, Oliver twist, never Contented with what you have, all you want is yours alone.
I'm guilty, You're guilty, they are guilty, we are guilty of being victims of this thieves!
Safe!
Happy weekend subscribers!

Comments

Popular Posts