"I AM NOT JESUS CHRIST" ...CRIED ACTOR...



I know you all will be very familiar with this popular actor, in that  Christian movie of Jesus story. Jesus of Nazareth. 

In case you don't know him.. . His name is Robert Powell. Robert Powell was born on June 1, 1944 in Salford, Manchester, England. In 1964, he started his acting career while attending Manchester University. In 1967, he made his film debut, and later landed his first starring role in The Italian Job (1969). Some of his well known movies include Franco Ziefirelli's Jesus of Nazareth (1977), Ken Russell's Tommy (1975) and Mahler (1974), the remake of The Thirty-Nine Steps (1978).




But that one movie that has taken over in Africa, most especially Nigeria is that 1977 movie, JESUS OF NAZARETH, where he acted the role of Jesus Christ.

Now, the actor has cried out, begging Africans, emphasising more on Nigerians, that he is not Jesus Christ, so they should stop using his picture as a worship symbol. That they should stop hanging his picture in their houses, kitchen, parlour, some will even hang it inside their toilet (I wonder).


In his statement, he said,
"I am not Jesus Christ  it was only film I acted and I was surprised to learn that people are using my images and referencing it as if I am the Jesus of Nazareth"
So, he beg Nigerians to stop using his pictures as a symbol of worship as a reference symbol of Jesus Christ.







Comments

Popular Posts